Baby bath routine- caring for delicate skin






Many of you mummy's will know, it's daunting putting anything on your babies skin for the first time ,being so pure and clean, so thankfully there are some products out there that can clean your little ones delicate skin without irritation or chemicals.You may notice I use a lot of Johnson's baby products, being a first time mum i had to go with what other mums were advising and Johnson's seemed like the best option. I hope this helps some of you mummies to be or just you mums who wants to know about some other products out there, so here is little ones bath time routine.



To start with bubbles, which is little ones favourite! We like to use the Johnson's bed time bath, this has been proven to help babies feel calm and sleep better throughout the night- which of course I'm going to try! I can't say I have seen a significant change in little ones sleep since using this product, but it's definitely a winner with big foamy bubbles! It leaves little ones skin so soft and smelling lovely. It's so reassuring knowing that she's getting clean with a product which is kind to her skin! If you can't get your hands on the bed time bath, the original baby bath is just as good!




Staying on the Johnson's train, I also love the baby shampoo! we have used this since little on was born and I'm sure will continue to for a very long time, the reassurance that if it gets in there eyes its as pure as water is a big plus for me as there is lots tired eye rubbing at bath time!




Next is a new product for us, we recently got given it in a goody bag at a baby group, (hence it being a sample size) and we love it! Little one is 10 months now, and shes got the age where she really is getting messy in the day, being at the park, playing and throwing food all over her. So i decided it was time i really needed to use a proper body wash in the evening to get her as clean as possible before bed. The product i have been trying out is the Child's Farm Baby wash. This is a new brand to us which we have never used before, but i'm thoroughly enjoying it and have already got a full size at the ready! This was going out of my Johnson's comfort zone slightly, but i was confident that it was a safe product for my baby as you are able to use it on newborns which really tells me its been tested safe. As well as this it also states its suitable for sensitive and eczema prone skin. So this fragrance free baby wash has got a big thumbs up from me!




Once bath times over, comes the tricky bit. I've always made sure I've had a solid skin care routine for little one and stuck to it, which i have. But you mummy's will know, as soon as rolling, crawling and standing starts, baby lotion isn't exactly easy. Little one has suffered with dry skin on her knees and elbows for months now, and it concerned me what i was able to put on it at such a young age. After a bit of research I went with the trusty E45 cream, I use this on myself so had it in my cupboard anyway, and it works wonders! i just massage it into her knees and elbows once shes dry.










Next is Baby lotion, again I use the Johnson's baby lotion, which is a parenting favourite. I have also used this since she was born, and it continues to leave her body soft and smelling lovely. A must have from me!







And finally so soak all of that moisture in! I use the Johnson's baby powder, if your little one is one the move, i'm warning you now this can get slightly messy- especially on dark carpets! But this does a great job at making sure her skin isn't sticky or greasy after moisturising, and is ready for pyjamas!






And that's it! that's little ones bath time routine, I hope this has helped some of you if you were a bit concerned what to put on your baby's skin, but has made you realise there's lots of options out there!
Thank you for reading,

Laura and little one xx

*small disclaimer* please only use products on your babies skin that you feel comfortable with and you know are safe.



Comments